Signing up for a Meal Plan
- All freshmen living on campus are required to have a meal plan at the bronze level or higher.
- Any student (other than freshmen) living on campus are not required to have a meal plan, but can choose to for convenience.
- Meal Plan's are NOT required during summer sessions, however, special plans are available at a reduced rate for those students wishing to purchase them.
- All students may sign up for a meal plan online when registering for housing by going to ResLife’s website (http://www.reslife.okstate.edu/).
- You do not have to live on campus to have a meal plan. Any student can have a meal plan. If the student will not be living on campus, he/she can sign up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s Name, CWID, and meal plan choice (if choosing Plan G, please list the amount you wish to start with in increments of $100). The amount for the chosen plan will be billed to his/her bursar account.
- Meal Plans are automatically loaded and activated on your student ID, and can be swiped at any dining outlet on campus.
- If a student has joined a fraternity or sorority and will be moving into Greek housing at the beginning of the academic year they may cancel their meal plan before the first day of class. After the 1st day of class there is a penalty.
- If a student has joined a fraternity or sorority and will be moving into Greek housing at the beginning of the Spring semester they may cancel their meal plan but will be charged a $150 buyout fee. After the 1st day of class there is a buyout fee plus proration.
Changing Meal Plans
- A student is allowed to change, but not cancel, his/her contracted meal plan for the semester with no penalty, once within the first week of classes following the listed date requirements below. After the first week of classes, all other qualified meal plan changes will incur a $50 fee for the change.
- All qualified contract terminations, including qualified students choosing to switch from a contract plan to the “G” (non-contract) plan, are charged a $150 buyout fee plus any proration.
- If students run out of money on a meal plan, additional funds can be added at any time.
- All cancelations or changes to meal plans need to be sent in an email to email@example.com with the student’s Name, CWID, and the desired change.
- The Meal Plan Office cannot speak to parents about their student’s meal plan unless they have a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form on file. This can be done in the Registrar’s Office.
Meal Plan Balances and Rollover
- Meal plan balance can be checked at http://dining.okstate.edu/meal-plan by signing into your O-Key account.
- Each meal plan has a designated rollover amount – an amount that will carry over from semester-to-semester as long as an active meal plan contract is in place for the following semester. The complete balance of funds on a Plan G remain in place from semester-to-semester and are not subject to rollover guidelines or restrictions.
- Meal plan is active one week before class begins.
- Students or parents (if there is a signed FERPA on file) can get a detailed spending report from the Meal Plan Office. Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students with food allergies should contact Patty Anson, University Dining Services Dietitian, at email@example.com or 405-744-3345.
IMPORTANT MEAL PLAN DATES
Meal plan academic year is August 21, 2017 through May 11, 2018.
- Contract Meal Plan changes without penalty for fall semester are due by August 25, 2017.
- Contract Meal Plan changes without penalty for spring semester due by January 19, 2018.
- Contract Meal Plan changes without penalty for summer semester due by June 15, 2018.
For more information, please contact the Meal Plan Office:
301 Student Union