UDS Healthy Whole Grain Snack Recipe
From February 14th- February 28th, currently enrolled students may submit their favorite healthy snack recipe featuring whole grains to the University Dining Services Healthy Recipe Contest. Recipes don't have to be complicated and should be your own, previously unpublished creation.
Recipes will be judged based on five (5) criteria: Adherence to guidelines, taste, appearance, ease of production, and nutrition.
A panel of judges will determine the top three recipes, which will then be voted upon by the student body during the National Nutrition Month Celebration being held March 21st -23rd. Winners will be announced March 29th.
In addition to a $100 UDS Meal Card, the winning recipe will be prepared and featured in the University Dining Services grab to go coolers all over campus!
Grand Prize -- $100 UDS Meal Card
Second Prize -- $50 UDS Meal Card
Third Prize -- $25 UDS Meal Card
Guidelines for Healthy Recipe Submissions
Deadline for submitting a recipe is Tuesday, February 28, 2017
1. Please consult the list of "Suggested Ingredients" before preparing your dish.
2. Recipes must use a whole grain product.
3. Recipes may only use lean cuts of meat such as: chicken, turkey, fish, shellfish, pork or greater than 90% lean cut beef.
4. Recipes may only use reduced fat and sodium products for any dressings or sauces.
5. Heavy use of fruits and/or vegetables is strongly encouraged.
6. Recipes must include a complete list of ingredients including accurate measurements for every ingredient.
7. Recipe serving size must be 1-4 servings.